The Open-SmartWatch is an open source project created by @pauls_3d_things/p3dt.net. It consists of hardware modules, 3D printable cases and a custom operating system to build smartwatches with the goal that they can be assembled, repaired, and modified by everyone.
- EPS32-micro-D4: 2x240MHz, 320KB RAM
- Bluetooth 4.2 BR/EDR BLE
- WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- GC9A01 240x240 16bit TFT display (round)
- BMA400 Accelerometer + Pedometer
- MCP73831 LiPo Charger
- CH340E USB Serial
The GPS edition has additionally:
- Quectel L96 GPS module
- 4MB RAM
The PCB (KiCAD), Case design files (Blender), and Operating System (C++/Arduino/PlatformIO) are all created with open source software, and are hosted on GitHub (see links below).
@pauls_3d_thingson Instagram (Latest Updates!)
#opensmartwatchon Instagram (See what the community creates!)
pauls_3d_thingson Youtube (Tutorials + Instructions!)
- Linus Tech Tips: It's time.
- Hackaday: An Open Source Smart Watch you'd actually wear
- CNX-Software: LilyGo sells Open-Smartwatch open-source hardware ESP32 watch by “Paul’s 3D Things”
- hackster.io: Something ESPecially Impressive about the Open-Smartwatch Project
Join the Discussion
- Discord: Pauls 3D Things
This is project is entirely open source. You can either build it from scratch, or chose from one of the manufacturers below. Everything is till in the very beginning of this project, and fully assembled watches will be available soon! Follow this project on instagram.com/pauls_3d_things/ to stay up do date and get notified once new options are available!
- Light Edition (rev. 3.3): https://aisler.net/p/ELCCRXOS 1.6mm PCB
- GPS Edition (rev. 3.1, Developer-Release!) https://aisler.net/p/RGJUQAJC 1.6mm PCB
- Light Edition: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKoyMox 1.6mm PCB
- 450mA round LiPo: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrvOz8P
- 350mA rect. LiPo: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000293204820.html
Fully Assembled Watches
- Light Edition (Rectangular LiPo, 20mm straps, Pre-Order, ready ~ May '21): https://www.makerfabs.com/open-smartwatch.html
More links will be added as soon as they are available.
Click on an image below to see some demos:
- Aisler B. V. provided PCBs to support the hardware development